Friday, July 12, 2013

A Calender Hangs In My Room... ( I wrote this like a month ago)

 It is filled with numbers.

The numbers are not the days.

The numbers are the seizures.

Daddy sneaks in and looks at those numbers,

They make him sad......and somehow that makes everything seem worse.

The thing about those numbers though....the count is sometimes lost.

The thing about that calendar is it came from p.t.

It is not all bad....good thing are on there too.

My sister will get married.

Daddy took me to Dante's a few times.  

I am sure more dates will go on there,
But at the end of the day there are still those numbers.


If those numbers would go away for just one day what would I do?
I would run into the deep woods and roll in the ferns because I miss the green smell they have.
 I would ride my dusty bike.
Maybe I would go swimming .
 If it was winter I would be outside skiing all day.
Maybe I would stand on the cliffs of Backbone Mountain.

But not today. I did not even go to church.


1 comment:

  1. Oh, this makes me sad. Your writing is so poignant and powerful -- with so few words you evoke so much.

    ReplyDelete