Wednesday, February 20, 2013

What is Maturity, Being Grown Up, Is The Definition Solid or is it Mere Opinion ..Solid or Otherwise?

     I don't really know the answer to these questions. I know being responsible is part of being a grown up but.... a kid can be very responsible too. Grown ups can be really irresponsible as well.
     If you never fully physically mature if you just can't seem to get any further, your still a grown up if the law says you are right ??? I think about when I was in Cleveland and people from pediatrics had to be sent up to me. The adolescent councilor person had to come up and see me not the adult one. I am still a grown up, just a different sort of one. I feel like a girl that got stuck and everyone else is grown up and moving on in life. In someways maybe I do think differently but does not every person?
     One time I saw a psychologist and she wanted to know about the friend that I spent the most time with, so I told her . At first she was pleased until she asked how old my friend was ..I told her she was in her 60s... I thought, because it would not be polite to ask.  The psychologist was very angry . "You mean to tell me you spent all that time with someone in their 60s ? " YES! " Your insane. You should be out with people your own age doing things people your own age do. Your friendship is unhealthy and socially unacceptable."

 Well, I took a big gulp and said ,"Your wrong...Where is it in life you only spend time with people your own age besides in grade school? You must interact with people of all ages... nearly everyday." I spoke so quietly, I felt like someone put a enormous cement block on my back, but she heard me. " We are done." was all the psychologist said after that. 
   I don't think that psychologist was very mature, calling me insane , only because I had a friend that was much older than myself. She may of been more of a Grown up than me ...but there is so much I cannot understand.

No comments:

Post a Comment