Thursday, February 7, 2013

The Woman who Had Polio

 Yesterday at I.v. I saw a woman I had seen around but never talked to because she always had a private room. I said hello like my normal habit  and started to take my brace off ( I am supposed to check my skin), she was watching me and told me how she also has a brace similar to mine that she cannot stand to wear because it has metal parts at the ankle that cut her. She really wanted one like mine and she could not wait for her daughter to see mine . Well the daughter came and took a look at mine , she told me how her Mom's was different because her Mom's ankle completely turned in.....well so does mine so I showed them how I my leg is when I walk without the brace....I was like her Mom..sort of , you see she had polio and her ankle got stuck like that.Awful. I wish they could of done something before it got stuck, it makes me so sad.
  Today at p.t. I found out I will probably need a wedge attached to my shoe because of my knee and leg is still turning some. In the depths of my soul I was thinking " NO WAY! Grrrrr!!!" Then I wanted to kick my own butt because I have a ankle that can still move and at least there are things that can help my walking, and there I am all mad because I need a little more work than just a brace.
   Also I was decided to go to p.t without the walker and I did, I used their walker for some of the exercises but other than that I did alright :) !!!
   And here is something I find really funny , Mommy kept calling p.t.,  phys.ed .

No comments:

Post a Comment