Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Yesterday....

 Yesterday was i.v. .....it is where I go every Monday, it is two hours away one way.
It was so very quiet in the i.v. room, two very old woman were asleep and it was mostly empty in there.

A cricket ran across the floor...he only had one leg but he was still super speedy.
I imagined I was a teeny tiny person that was riding on his back. It was great fun ......even though it was only imaginary.

The room was becoming full, very very full , it then became a jungle. The i.v. poles right in front of me from the other people became massive trees with monstrous vines hanging down.

Mommy had no place to sit, in that jungle. She was given a metal folding chair to sit on in the middle of the room,so the nurses could get around her.....Mommy reminded me of some sort of playground monitor.

Yup....I mostly played in my imagination, because there really wasn't anyplace else for me to play.

4 comments:

  1. You sound incredibly patient and imaginative. My daughter Sophie got IvIg off an on two separate times to address what is called ESES. It was very tedious -- I hope that she was able to go places in her head like you do --

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sophie probably goes places too...I think most young people do but when they get older somehow some people forget. Going places in you mind is way ,WAY,easier than trying to read or even watch a movie because if you have seizures you don't really lose your place as badly or have big sections missing , like what happens if you watch a movie. I guess because it is all your own story ...your own adventure.

      Delete
  2. Have you seen the movie Epic? You might like that. :) It has little people riding hummingbirds. -Suz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope have not seen it, but I will keep it in mind :)

      Delete