Thursday, March 14, 2013

If Only I Could Perform Spine Surgery to Mend a Mouse's Broken Spine

 My Dad saw a baby mouse running around on our floor. He would not pick it up but he was trying to help me catch it and accidentally pushed it too hard against a cardboard box. I picked him up , the little fellow gasping for air. His beady black eyes looking deeply, ever so desperately into mine. There was nothing I could do. I cannot perform spine surgery to save a baby mouse.....but I sort of wish I knew how. Living in a house is seldom a good outcome for a mouse, his fate seemed doomed even if his back would not of broke. My sister uses mice to feed other pets of hers, keeping mince she caught in the winter only to feed it to a snake she caught some summer afternoon. Mommy does not approve of mice for pets and I could not deceptively keep one. The dog would probably go nuts since she is often my supervisor and she finds mice quite nice as a little snack. Anyway, I am a little sad for the mouse fellow. Yes silly perhaps but that is how is it.

No comments:

Post a Comment