Tuesday, March 11, 2014

A Missing Piece Of The Puzzle Of My Affliction Found???

 My Mom looked up some of my worsening symptoms that have happened since I got off the Valproic Acid.

Some things got A LOT worse ...to be completely honest things did not really get better .

One of the worse things was tongue spasms. It had gotten quite bad and it usually happened  many times in the day and lasted a half of an hour most times.

I pretty much have been eating one meal a day because of it.

I was hoping it would go away but it got worse so I came to the conclusion that I'd better tell my parents.

I have a habit of waiting as long as I can hide it, or until I know I can't stand it much longer.

Maybe not the best habit, but I don't want to be going to the doctor for everything.

Anyway have you ever heard of Dystonia ???

Well it can mimic seizures and the way my legs are it appears that I have it.

Anyway Mommy took me to the Dr. yesterday ...they said I would have to wait until Friday but someone canceled and I went.

He said by the way I walk and my tongue and how my neck goes when I have a seizure like event...it seemed like a very strong possibility. 

He prescribed me a drug called L dopa or something..and some muscle relaxing pills to take before I go to sleep or when needed.

Well guess what?? I took the L dopa stuff as soon as I came home and I only had 3 seizure things after I took it and zero tongue spasms!

Today my leg is not turning in so hard as normal and it was not hard at all to get in the brace.

The only thing about Dystonia I don't completely fit is that I lose consciousness when a seizure thing happens...But  I could very well be pinching something in my neck when it happens. My neck is a bit messed up and I have had a chiropractor work on it before. 

Mommy found out about Dystonia, on the internet.!!

the Dr. is trying to get me in NIH..it will be awhile until I get in there.

I am hoping this is it and a big chunk of the mystery has been solved.

I will see how I do today.

2 comments: