Friday, June 26, 2015

Adaptation

 Both Physical Therapy and Occupational Therapy are amazed with me.....how I figured things out on my own .

I am determined for as long as I can to use my right side, the good side to the best  I possibly can.

I WANT to get myself dressed ....If it takes me some time ..oh well, I am going to do it until I cannot.

I WANT to wash myself....yes I am exhausted after getting myself  into the shower and washing my hair one handed.

This actually is exercise ya know.

O.k. so some days I can't get pants on my twisted up leg...I go with a dress or skirt, thats my style anyway.

Button up shirts are mostly used as jackets now.

Drawers are really hard to open and close , I keep most of my everyday clothes in a plastic box.

Who cares if it looks weird?

So when I could no longer sit on a shower chair because I cannot sit unassisted I invented my own with pool noodles....it is not exactly a chair but a sort of body support thing , it allows me to wash my hair.

I drew up a plan and mommy helped me make it.


Lots of people get injured and sick and maybe you can't figure out something ...sometimes your Mom will need to put on your shoes for you.  ( or some body out there )

But its o.k.

It is also important to know what you cannot do ....to the person who thought I could tube feed myself all with one hand, I would like to see them try that!!!

I adapt as much as I can but I also am extremely aware of what I need help with.

On to other things ....
....IVIG  was so much easier!!!

O.k. I still feel a bit off  however I think all tube feeding greatly increased my hydration and made everything much better.

Now on to something else.....o.k. so I have had this heart/ oxygen monitor thing ever since I  came back from the hospital .....both things drop ridiculously low at night .

The neurologist thinks maybe seizures??? 

I guess I have a lot to tell the doctor when I see him next time.

Personally I believe it has something to do with my nerves...on days when my pupils stay dilated longer the worse this seems to be.

Who knows????

But hey I am alive today and rejoicing that I am alive.

Life will change for many of us...but it just means it is different not necessarily less good, however yes a great deal of emotions will be there but we have to adjust.....unless you choose not too of course, and that is up to you.  I don't believe bitterness really cured anyone, or anger either.....thats all I have to say about that right now.







2 comments:

  1. Beautifully written, Jessica! Your spirit is strong in HIM - He who sustains us and gives us strength. Keep pressing forwards and seeking Jesus. Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts and life with us, you are such a creative and inspiring person — Praying for you, that the Lord will sustain you and give you continued endurance, grace, and peace.

    ReplyDelete