Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Daddy I Want Too But I Don't Know If I Can....

Last Sunday Daddy took me to church at the local Lutheran church, they are wheelchair accessible neither Daddy or I thought I should be carried with my raw sore tube,  so this worked out well and we followed our neighbor and he sat with us.

I have not been to church in a looooong time.

Anyway....it came time for communion.

Daddy asked me if  I wanted to do it and of course I did but I was not sure if I actually could.

Last time I did the bread just sort of had to set in my mouth till it went down ...and the wine ...I coughed.

At the Lutheran church you go in the front and they give it to you there...at our chruch it is passed out at your seat.

I told Daddy I was afraid I would cough up communion.

Daddy came up with a plan...If they give you too much bread I will eat the rest, If you can't get down all the wine I will take the rest. Daddy said it would be o.k. and God would understand.

Daddy had to take some of the bread ....but ever so slowly with many many swallows down went the wine.

I was praying and praying.

Thanks be to God.

And it was fine.

To some people it probably seemed odd Daddy had to take some of my bread....to others they probably wonder why it took me so long to swallow the wine, but that does not really matter , not really.

God understands.....and that is that.

No comments:

Post a Comment