Friday, May 15, 2015

EMG Results And A Diagnosis

  So today I had an EMG done.....was not painful at all they did not use needles some sort of conductor thing and metal probe things. ( Well not painful for me.)

 So my left side is pretty bad , the nerve conductors are like blocked or something.

I sort of figured that.

Anyway I now am diagnosed with CIDP  Chronic Inflammatory Demyelinating Polyneuropathy.

It is an autoimmune disorder, my body has decided to attack itself ...to attack the myelin sheathes around my nerve fibers.

The destruction or demyelination of the nerve leads to an impaired ability of the nerves to communicate and function.

That is all I am going to say about that right now.  It is bad.

Also the EEG I recently had showed a seizure from the left temporal lobe.

The Dystonia is due to the CIPD.

Now I am hopefully going to be getting IVIG...to stop the progression.

We don't know how much or if it is actually going to make me better but if it keeps me the same that is better than worse...I have nothing to loose.


Thanks for your thoughts and prayers.


8 comments:

  1. Love you and will remember you in prayer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sophie had many rounds of IvIg when she suffered from ESES, and it really helped her. I hope that all goes well, Jessica. I am sending healing thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sophie had many rounds of IvIg when she suffered from ESES, and it really helped her. I hope that all goes well, Jessica. I am sending healing thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much...It is good to hear IVIG helped Sophie, I do not know many people who have had experience with it.

      Delete
  4. Thanks for the good medical descriptions. With my new lungs and strengthened muscles', I'll be able to walk you and leave some footprints in the sand.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the good medical descriptions. With my new lungs and strengthened muscles', I'll be able to walk you and leave some footprints in the sand.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love that :) Been praying for you everyday.

      Delete