Monday, November 10, 2014

Unspoken Words

 Today I had to go see a doctor and when my mom and I were leaving a man who had a brace on his left leg just like me opened some doors for us.

  I was looking at his brace...I realized he was looking at mine , our eyes met...we did not speak any words but I saw understanding, and curiosity...I think he wanted to say something but right then neither of us said anything.

 He opened two more doors for us which was a big help with the wheelchair.

I said thank you ...and my mom said thank you...he said he was glad to help.

 My Mom brought me out to the car and I crawled up into the seat and when I got myself up I looked out the window, the man was by his car watching me.

I think he wanted to tell me something , or ask me something.....He wanted to help me in some other way.

At least I think that is what he wanted to do.

He eyes spoke of kindness.

Right by the pharmacy there is a liquor store....there was a man in his car singing really loud some song , I realized it was the same verse over and over...I looked over there, I don't think he was drunk....his head was jerking around  and he started slapping the side of his car...his window was open.  The man was twisting around and making loud screeching noises .  I think maybe he had Toruettes or something.  He saw me looking at him so I smiled ...he smiled back and for a few seconds he stopped twisting and slapping ..for a few seconds we were just smiling ..then someone walked by his car and broke the spell ..the man grunted and twisted...his arm flapped in the air and that was that.

We spoke no words...but we somehow connected .

Sometimes a look speaks more than words.

No comments:

Post a Comment