Friday, April 25, 2014

Ohhhhh Jessie, Somebody Steal Your Cane?

 That is what my sister Kelsey thought a couple days ago when she saw me with the walker. She really did think that someone stole my cane!!!

No , my cane didn't get stolen. I got a bad report, the brace man said I should not use the cane anymore because I am really messing up my knee. He actually handed me the walker and took my cane and walked me out of the office. He didn't even let me use the cane to get to the car! (He gave it back to me once I sat down he didn't steal it!)

Anyway....he said if my leg doesn't get better he will have to make me a brace that comes above my knee, " It will not be fun", he said.  Now I appreciate honest doctors that tell you when something might hurt and that sort of thing but I think any sort of brace is not fun so if I have to get a more intense one it must be rather dreadful. But then I guess if I ruin my knee that would be absolutely dreadful.

I guess I ignored the pain in my knee too much, I have a habit of meditating on my big toe when something hurts because my big toe does not hurt. If you meditate on your big toe I guess it can get you into a bit of trouble.

Anyway, I really like the brace man he is my friend , he gave me a cd of his wife and himself singing Christian songs....its really good, very professional. It distracted me from being upset about the walker and such for a while.

Also I got some new glasses this week and they are pink :) (my favorite!)


No comments:

Post a Comment