Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Best Day This Year....

 Today thanks to a lot of botox my left hand was opened!
I am so happy.

 The doctor first tried my left leg but the EMG sort of probe thing was not picking up what it was supposed to...I could not feel any of it, so he moved on to my left arm.

Botox is not really so easy as it sounds for my case...the doctor used electric jolts with a probe stuck in my arm to figure out where to give me the stuff.

Yes .....you can imagine what a bloody mess that made, of course he wore gloves but some blood had run down his arm.

But I was not going to cry .....my fingers came open and then I could close them and open then again!

I was so excited I held up my hand in the air and said " high five", the doctor was taken slightly off guard but a grin spread  across his face and he gave me five.

I could not stop smiling .

I felt as though I ought to be giving high fives to everyone on the planet despite the fact I am supposed to be careful about germs right now.

A small victory ....maybe to some but to me it is MASSIVE!

But by the time I came home I was exhausted and fell asleep.

When I woke up I was greeted by some flowers sent by friends and a big box from another really good friend.....it was a great stuffed Moomin !!! 

They did not know I was going to be going through all of those pokes today.

God knew it though.

So my arm......looks like someone used it for a pincushion but hey IT WORKS !!!!

Sure it is not so easy , it is stiff ,sore , and my skin feels too tight on my joints but my hand is worlds away from where it was.

I am so thankful.

 

1 comment:

  1. Glory to God!!! This is GREAT news! We are still praying for you and for a complete healing! We also want to wish you and yours a very Merry Christmas (even though we are a little early. ;-)

    ReplyDelete