Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Cheerful Flowers In Spite Of Pain

In spite of the hard days I have had lately I still have been drawing, most of these except one are from the past 2 weeks.

Sometimes I get lazy and don't put my drawings on here and they get new homes and no one else gets to see them.

I force myself to meditate on Gods creation when I am sad and it helps.

Flowers...a meditation on the lovely.









The above black and white ones fit together.

Here are some questions I get a lot about my drawings...
Why colored pencil and not paint?  Because I drop stuff often paint would be a complete mess...the daisy drawing , it happened 23 times.

How long does it take?  Pretty much 2 hours...sometimes 2 and a half but not any longer unless it is big like 24x36 .

Do you start with regular pencil?  No, different colors have different base colors like for a red primrose , purple or blue. Yellow is brown, burnt orange, or sometimes dark red.




3 comments:

  1. Your drawings are beautiful just as you are.

    Curtis Shaffer

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just wanted to tell you how much I treasure the beautiful flower artwork you gave me a couple of weeks ago in IV. You are so incredibly talented! I have been following your blog since you told me about it a couple of weeks ago. I am sorry you have had some difficult days lately. I will be praying for things to improve and hope to see you and your mom soon at IV.

    Lani

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much for your prayers. I am so glad you like the drawing.

      Delete