Friday, May 16, 2014

Martha Finley

 Some of you know who she is and some of you do not.

 For those of you that do not, she was the author of the Elsie Dinsmore and Mildred Keith books.

I have been a fan for quite some time , though I don't like everything she wrote I appreciate it. 

About eight years ago I was reading Elsie's Girlhood at my great- grandmother, Nangie's house.  She asked to see what I was reading so I showed her to which she responded with a loud " OH MY GOODNESS!"  She had read the very same book when she was sixteen.

She said she never would of thought her great-granddaughter would be reading the very same book that she had read so many years ago.

  I showed Nangie my drawings which were at the time mostly of Nancy Drew, she suggested I draw Martha Finley but I didn't until today ,mostly because I did not know what she looked like....
but today I found two photos of her on the internet and used both of them as a sort of guide.

No comments:

Post a Comment