Tuesday, May 20, 2014

And The Sun Was Shining....

  Today I was sitting on the deck looking at birds hoping that maybe a humming bird would try to drink from the flowers on my helmet as they sometimes do.
 I don't think they found the flowers looking that yummy today , they looked at me but they didn't try and taste them. Perhaps they have figured out that the flowers are not real.

 An oriole sat in the apple tree and yelled some sort of bird insult at me because he does not like me sitting there.

 Shasta dog gave him a look but the oriole did not care, he kept yelling unpleasant sounding things ....I think if I was a bird it probably would be bad words in bird language.

  I ignored the oriole and watched two chipmunks running around the branches on the apple tree at first I thought maybe they were fighting but that is not what they were doing ....they were in love.

 That frightened the oriole away and he was quite.

Shasta was watching the chipmunks also but she did not chase them or seem  like she wanted to get them at all...in fact she sighed.

I don't think I could ever get bored watching animals and wondering what they are thinking.

 The sun was shining brightly and Penny goat was trying to tell me something but I cannot speak goat...so I just said hello and asked how she was....I don't know what she said in reply but I hope she said she was happy.





No comments:

Post a Comment